Foundation Botox® Training
This Botox training course is an introduction to botulinum toxins for new practitioners.
Why should you choose the KT Botox® training courses?
KT Training is a recognised provider of cosmetic courses to medical professionals. We have over 12 years of experience in providing botox training for doctors, dentists and nurses. Furthermore all our courses include extensive injection time with patients, not just with mannequins. The hands on injection time is the most important part of any course. Most of your clinical training time during our course is dedicated to assessing and injecting patients. We provide all your patients for the workshop, this ensures a good range of indications for you to assess and treat on the day.
The introductory or foundation botox course is the first choice for many medical professionals starting out in aesthetic medicine. Botox is a very effective treatments for the lines and wrinkles caused by muscle activity (dynamic wrinkles). This training course will teach candidates how to assess the face and inject the three most requested treatments in aesthetic medicine.
What botulinum toxin products are used?
We will review the range of botulinum toxins available in cosmetic medicine Azzalure®, BOCOUTURE® and BOTOX®. For the practical injection session the BOTOX® product will used.
Why do we use these products?
We prefer to use BOTOX® because we have been advised by our trainers that BOTOX® product has less diffusion minimizing the occurrence of ptosis. The botox injection technique that you will learn is applicable to other botulinum toxin products(dilutions and units are not interchangeable). Ultimately the choice is yours.
What will I learn on the KT Training foundation course?
You will learn the theory and participate in practical injection training with BOTOX for the following indications horizontal forehead lines, glabellar and peri-orbital lines.
Will I get the opportunity to inject patients with Botox during the course?
Yes, if you look on the training outline you will spend the majority of the course injecting patients that are provided by KT Training. We believe the only true way to learn is to have the extensive hands on practical experience for each course. Our insurance covers you for your practical injection time. You are welcome to bring your own model or even have a treatment yourself. Please inform us in advance as the model appointments are scheduled before the training day.
The foundation botox courses are held in London, Buckinghamshire and Wiltshire unless otherwise stated. The clinics have spacious lecture facilities with air conditioned treatment rooms.
The best option for your BOTOX® training courses
- Complete the 2 hour online lecture conducted by our surgeon. This can be reviewed as often as you require.
- Attend the knowledge review and practical injection workshop. Completing the online lectures and educational resources before attending the practical session will allow candidates to focus on the practical skills when attending the course. KT Training candidates also have the same option for the dermal filler training workshop, this course can be completed on the same day during the afternoon session.
The foundation botox training theory
The theory will teach:
- Anatomy of the upper face
- Overview of facial musculature
- Aging of the skin
- Overview of the multidisciplinary approach for the rejuvenation of the aging face
- Review the range of botulinum toxin products
- Adverse events and treatment responses
- Pain management protocols
- Injection techniques for botulinum toxins
- The indications of the face, which can be treated effectively with Botox
- Botox Pre-Treatment Protocols
- Medical History
- Botox Post Treatment Protocols
- Botox Patient Consent Forms
- Review of Botox Consultation Protocols
The practical Botox injection workshop will include:
- Observing a demonstration of the procedure on a patient
- Hands on injection time with BOTOX
Candidates will be working in small groups for the practical workshops. Each group will evaluate and inject the patients provided by us. Our trainers will closely supervise and advise while you inject. All candidates will treat the following indications:
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Glabellar frown lines
- Periorbital crows feet lines
What are the resources KT Training provide to our BOTOX course attendees?
Candidates will receive free membership to our e learning platform the Medical Aesthetics Academy. The foundation botox training lecture can also be found in your online account.
The online courses include all the treatment documents you require, such as medical history, treatment records and consent templates.
Candidates will also receive access to The Introduction to Medical Aesthetics and Starting a Cosmetic Clinic e learning module. This is a step by step guide and has up to 6 hours of additional verifiable CPD points approved.
You will be presented with recognised certification which will enable you to source insurance and set up pharmacy accounts on completion of the course.
In conclusion the KT botox training course will provide our candidates with the knowledge, technical skills and business guidance to start their career in aesthetic medicine.
- Recognised certification worldwide
- Verifiable CPD points
- Pre & post course support
- Online CPD approved support courses available before and after the practical training
- Lifetime membership to The Medical Aesthetic Academy e learning
- Clinic start up guidance and resources
- Unrivalled hands on botox injection training with patients
Recognised and Established Botox Training Courses
Our foundation botox training courses are recognised by all major insurance companies and have CPD points approved for doctors, dentists, nurses and pharmacists. Therefore our candidates will be ready to source insurance and start their journey in aesthetic medicine when completing this course.
Contact us and we will send the botox training course information pack plus the complimentary starting a cosmetic practice guide.
*Botulinum toxins are prescription only medicines as a result they must be administered following prescribing guidelines. Consequently nurses and pharmacists require the V300 qualification to provide a private prescription. Alternatively they will need to work with a prescriber to practice after your botox training course.